SECOND GENERATION HIGH POWER MARINE GAS TURBINE
The LM2500 marine gas turbine derived from the General Electric TF-39/CF6 turbofan engine family incorporates many engineering advances which are not available in the first generation marine gas turbines such as a high pressure ratio compressor, high temperature gas generator turbine, gas generator turbine cooling system, and high performance power turbine. Because of its lower air flow, smaller size, and integrated components and systems, the LM2500 marine gas turbine offers the Ship Designer and Naval Architect excellent installation characteristics and improved reliability and maintenance characteristics.
- Paper presented at Society of Automotive Engineers Meeting, January 11-15, 1971.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hardgrove, G A
- Publication Date: 1971-1
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal gasification; Equipment maintenance; Gas turbines; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Gas generating systems; Propulsion machinery
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00019115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 710204
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1973 12:00AM