HIGH SPEED GROUND TRANSPORTATION ACT OF 1965 AND THE RAILROAD TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM 1973
The report presents studies on rail technology, such as improved passenger and freight service, safety research, improved track, rail and vehicle dynamics. The study evaluates the Washington-New York Metroliner and the Boston-New York Turbotrain Demonstration including ridership and mileage. The report also presents research on advanced systems such as tracked levitated, magnetically levitated, and tracked air cushion vehicle systems along with supporting technology, such as propulsion, communications and control, guideways and tunneling.
- See also report dated Sep 72, PB-222 261.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 205 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; High speed ground transportation; Passenger transportation; Rapid transit; Turbotrains
- Identifier Terms: Metroliner (Express train)
- Old TRIS Terms: High speed ground transportation act of 1965
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057887
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 7 Annual Rpt
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 12 1981 12:00AM