AN ANALYSIS OF SOME WORLD TRANSPORT STATISTICS
The main purpose of the report is to present a broad picture of trends in world passenger and goods transport by mechanical means since 1950. Estimates of passenger kilometers and ton-kilometers by road for each region are made and the trends in road transport are compared with trends in transport by rail, air and sea. The report also gives an indication of possible future growth in world transport on the basis of past trends and assumptions about future developments.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- Tulpule, A H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Demand; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Mathematical models; Passenger transportation; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Transportation; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00057882
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL-LR-622 One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM