UP-GRADING OF PALLETS BY ASSEMBLY WITH HARDENED-STEEL NAILS
Use of hardened-steel, instead of stiff-stock, helically threaded 2 1/2 x 0.120 in. pallet nails increased the rigidity of fully matched nonreversible, double-face and flush, 48 x 40 in., unused, permanent warehouse pallets were made of red-oad, southern-pine or red-pine lumber.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgVirginia Tech Transportation Institute
3500 Transportation Research Plaza
Blacksburg, VA United States 24061
- Stern, E G
- Publication Date: 1969-6
- Pagination: 31 p.
- Issue Number: 83
- TRT Terms: Pallets
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00002258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1970 12:00AM