TRACK GEOMETRY DEVELOPMENT UMTA URBAN RAIL SUPPORTING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
Measurement of transit system track geometry parameters, under normal operating conditions, is essential for planning and conducting an effective maintenance program. The pertinent parameters are profile, gage, alignment, and cross level. Present methods of determining track conditions are inefficient and highly subjective. Several track geometry measurement methods have been investigated.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Rutyna, F J
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Cross sections; Gage (Rails); Inspection; Maintenance of way; Railroad tracks; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross level; Track gauge; Track inspection; Track profile
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057819
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-73-14 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UM404/R4731
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1982 12:00AM