Evaluating Transportation Equity: Guidance For Incorporating Distributional Impacts in Transportation Planning
Equity refers to the fairness with which impacts (benefits and costs) are distributed. Transportation planning decisions often have significant equity impacts. Transport equity analysis can be difficult because there are several types of equity, many potential impacts to consider, various ways to measure impacts, and may possible ways to categorize people. This report provides practical guidance for evaluating transportation equity. It defines various types of equity and equity impacts, and describes practical ways to incorporate equity evaluation and objectives in transport planning.
- Record URL:
- © 1997-2020 Todd Litman.
Victoria Transport Policy InstituteVictoria, British Columbia Canada
- Litman, Todd
- Publication Date: 2020-6-5
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 71p
- TRT Terms: Equity (Justice); Evaluation and assessment; Impacts; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 01760431
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 2 2020 5:29PM