STUDY OF THICK BOUNDARY LAYERS NEAR THE TAIL OF BODIES OF REVOLUTION
The research carried out under this contract can be divided into three main sections, namely (1) an experimental study of the thick, turbulent boundary-layer near the tail of a body of revolution, (2) methods of calculating the thick, axisymmetric, turbulent boundary-layer and its interaction with the potential flow, and (3) calculation of the viscous resistance of bodies of revolution at zero incidence. The progress made in each of these areas is reviewed.
- See also AD-772 589.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityIowa Institute of Hydraulic Research, 300 South Riverside Drive
Iowa City, IA United States 52242-1585
- Patel, V C
- Publication Date: 1973-9-30
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Boundary layer; Flow; Resistance (Mechanics); Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer; Viscosity
- Old TRIS Terms: Axially symmetric flow; Viscous resistance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IIHR-150 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-68A-0196-0002
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM