MARITIME MOBILE DIGITAL SELECTIVE CALLING. (EQUIPMENT DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONAL TEST)
Six digital selective calling units were produced which were representative of the U.S. concept proposed to the CCIR for international adoption by ITO. The equipment operates with all authorized classes of emission in the maritime mobile service, MF/HF/VHF, telephony and telegraphy. The units were tested in a controlled but realistic environment on ships at sea. A SELCAL description, test procedures, historical summary of test program events are included. Test results, conclusions and recommendations are discussed.
Gte Sylvania/Sociosystems Products Organ
- Johnson, E
- Kump, C
- Turner, E L
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Data communications; Radio; Selective calling systems; Telecommunications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00057704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: C-3-36220
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM