SHIPBUILDING MANPOWER STUDY. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The report documents labor supply and demand on Atlantic coast, Pacific coast and Great Lakes areas. It assesses factors within shipyards such as employee turnover, layoffs, wages and wage patterns and training programs. It assesses external influencing availability of specialized skills in shipyards such as levels of unemployment, government training programs, wages and skills in competing industries. It forecasts industry requirements for skilled manpower through 1975.
Battle (Mark) Associates1025 Connecticut Avenue
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Tudos, J
- Emery, R
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Employee relations; Employees; Labor market; Qualifications; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Employee qualifications
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00057702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: C-2-36203
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM