RULES FOR BUILDING AND CLASSING STEEL BARGES FOR OFFSHORE SERVICE
Rules for the construction and classification of steel barges: conditions of classification; general; hull girder strength; shell plating; decks; framing; end construction; watertight bulkheads; tank bulkheads; protection of deck openings, freeing ports, fittings and airpipes; equipment; welding; independent tank barges; cargo venting systems; machinery, electrical and fire extinguishing; rules for testing and surveys: testing; surveys after construction.
American Bureau of ShippingABS Plaza, 16855 Northchase Drive
Houston, TX United States 77060
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Shipbuilding; Surveying; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge classification; Barge construction; Barge design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00057596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM