REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION INTERIM PLAN AND PROGRAM
Events of recent years have brought about significant changes in the scope and scale of transportation planning in the Chicago region. These are most apparent in the change from four functionally defined planning regions to one six county region in Illinois and the inclusion of freight and aviation facilities as major elements of the transportation plan. While less evident, the importance of long range capital programming must also be acknowledged as part of the planning process. The purpose of this report is to coordinate and consolidate transportation planning and to set the stage for planning activities during the year and years to follow. The plan is a composite of existing plans and relevant issues in the region.
- This report was prepared by CATS, sponsored by the agencies on the Policy Committee in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration.
Chicago Area Transportation Study300 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL United States 60606
Lake-Porter County, IndianaRegional Transportation and Planning Commission, 8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN United States 46322
- Publication Date: 1971-3
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Network analysis (Planning); Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Subject Areas: Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00057576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM