1972 NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION NEEDS STUDY. MANUAL D: OTHER INTERCITY TRANSPORTATION TERMINALS, RELATED FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
In the spring of 1971, the United States Department of Transportation undertook a study to establish a national transportation data base for making legislative and expenditure recommendations to Congress. This study is the first of a continuing needs assessment program with biennial reports to Congress. The Manuals cover the following topics: Manual A - General Outline, Manual B - Highways, Manual C - Transit, Manual D - Airports and Other Intercity Terminals. The Chicago Area Transportation Study staff prepared and submitted material for the Chicago region to the State of Illinois coordinator's office. This report covers the needs estimate of Other Intercity Terminals. The foundation of this report is the work of the CATS Freight Program.
- For this and complimentary reports address all inquiries to the Freight Section of the CATS.
Chicago Area Transportation Study300 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Behrens, J W
- Blaze, J R
- Creed, S L
- Thorne, N R
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Facilities; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Reorganization
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Old TRIS Terms: Facilities consolidation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00057554
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Chicago Area Transportation Study
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM