MARITIME ADMINISTRATION BULK CHEMICAL CARRIER CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM. FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT
This report covers a description of the bulk chemical carrier program; description of the maritime environment including ocean, coastal, inland waterways and wetlands; environmental impact of the bulk chemical carrier program; safety and control measures now required in construction and operation of these type vessels; alternatives to the bulk chemical carrier program; adverse environmental effects which cannot be avoided; relationship between local short term use of the environment and the maintenance and improvement of long term productivity and the irreversible and irretrievable commitment of resources.
- Draft environmental impact statement also available, from NTIS: COM-74-10797/0, Repr. PC, $23.75, Microfiche, $1.45.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 292 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Carriers; Chemical tankers; Environmental impact analysis; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Transportation; Vessel operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00057547
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM