GUIDELINES FOR LIGHTNING PROTECTION OF GENERAL AVIATION AIRCRAFT
Typical design features of light aircraft were evaluated to determine their possible vulnerability to lightning and develop design guidelines for protective measures. From these evaluations and other related state-of-the-art technology, a set of engineering guidelines have been formulated to assist designers in making use of this technology to provide lightning protection for general aviation aircraft. This report presents these guidelines. The results of the experimental studies on which they are based are presented in a companion report. (Author)
- Prepared by General Electric Co., Pittsfield, Mass. High-Voltage Lab.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- Plumer, J A
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 151 p.
- Accession Number: 00057398
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-73-32-I Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72NA-656
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM