ATC SURVEILLANCE/COMMUNICATION ANALYSIS AND PLANNING
During the period of the report, effort continued on the three tasks previously covered by the Agreement: Task B, ASR Improvement Program, Task D, NAFEC Support, and Task E, Precision Altitude and Landing Monitor. Progress on each of these tasks is reported below. Also during the period of this report, Task F, Evaluation of Simulated Airborne Traffic Situation Display (ATSD) utilizing postulated ATCRBS, DABS, and Synchro-DABS data bases, was initiated. This evaluation is being conducted by a consortium of three on-campus M.I.T. Laboratories - the Electronic Systems, Flight Transportation, and Manned Vehicle Laboratories. Progress on Task F is reported and Management by monthly letter reports and consequently will not be included in Quarterly Technical Summaries.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/FAA033241062
- See also report dated 1 Dec 73, AD-775 313.
Lincoln LaboratoryMassachusetts Institute of Technology
Lexington, MA USA 02173
- Publication Date: 1974-3-1
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic control radar beacon system; Altimeters; Databases; Landing aids; Mode S; Radar air traffic control; Simulation; Traffic surveillance
- Old TRIS Terms: Precision altitude and landing monitor
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00057384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- ISBN: FAA-033-241-062
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Sum.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WAI-242
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM