URBAN TRANSPORTATION POLICY: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The purpose of the bibliography is to provide a collection of material dealing exclusively with urban transportation policy. It is designed to enable policy analysts, planners and government officials to understand how urban transportation policy is formed and how current arrangements may be altered to influence future outcomes. The bibliography is organized to emphasize the demands that shape policy, the institutional framework that constrains policy alternatives and how these factors shape supply strategies. Sections present overviews of urban transportation problems and prospects, literature on the demand or input side of transportation, transportation decision-making and management, policy-making arrangements in the U.S., transportation facilities and foreign transportation policies.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute2901 Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109-2150
- Stroh, PAL
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Governments; Planning; Policy; Rapid transit; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057353
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1981 12:00AM