SOME EXAMPLES OF UNDERGROUND DEVELOPMENT IN EUROPE
This report describes six developments where considerable use has been made of the underground to provide transport facilities. Three are part of the planned transport network for Brussels, two are multi-modal interchanges at the middle of Essen and the La Defense development near Paris and the last is an underground road junction in Rome. The schemes show how the underground can be used in solving central urban transport problems.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- O'REILLY, M P
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Subways; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL-LR-592
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 6 1981 12:00AM