PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF WATER JET PROPULSION IN PLEASURE AND COMMERCIAL BOATS
A working knowledge of such factors as power-to-weight ratios, the effect of longitudinal center of gravity, differences in basic boat designs, and the limitations of water jet propulsion is mandatory for successful applications of water jet propulsion in the pleasure and commercial boat markets. Field-tested formulas, rules, and tables are presented in this paper to reinforce these performance factors and to help both naval architects and less formally trained designers or boat builders to make wise installation decisions.
- Presented at meeting Feb. 25-March 1, 1974.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Seastrom, J
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Waterjet propelled craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #740284 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM