WATER JET PROPULSION--COMPETITION FOR PROPELLERS?
The increasing acceptance of water jet propulsion as an alternative to propeller drive in recreational size boats is evaluated on the basis of advantages and disadvantages to the consumer. Comparative performance data for water jet and inboard-outboard propulsion units powered by identical engines installed in identical boats are presented. These include data on fuel mileage, speed, and acceleration with various loads, engine rpm versus boat speed, and horsepower requirements.
- Presented at a meeting, Feb. 25-March 1, 1974.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Lambrecht, R E
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Waterjet propelled craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057305
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #740283 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM