The challenges that climate change poses for cities is leading many urban areas-large and small-to work to reduce their own carbon footprints. These measures are often aimed at decarbonizing buildings, making transportation sustainable, and converting the local power grid to renewable energy. Making sure that all climate-related decisions keep social equity and inclusion in mind is another key goal.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/10480594
- © 2019 American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Reid, Robert L
- Publication Date: 2019-10
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: pp 46-53
- TRT Terms: Cities; Climate change; Electric vehicles; Equity (Justice); Greenhouse gases; Public transit; Renewable energy sources; Sustainable transportation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01747929
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ASCE
- Created Date: Aug 11 2020 11:48AM