RAIL TRANSIT: THE OPERATORS VIEW
Rail transit has contributed to the development and maintenance of the vital urban core in American cities. Those that have central business district subways have retained the strength and vitality evidenced in Chicago's Dearborn Street, Philadelphia's Market Street and Manhattan's 6th Avenue. The two distinct, but closely interrelated, aspects affected by rail transit are: its influence on the physical shape of the community, and its influence on the community's economy.
Chicago Transit AuthorityDevelopment Planning Department
Chicago, Illinois 60654, USA
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Light rail transit; Rapid transit; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1981 12:00AM