SUPPRESSION OF CLASS A FUEL FIRES IN SIMULATED SHIP CARGO HOLDS USING HIGH-EXPANSION FOAM AND WATER DELUGE SYSTEMS
The objective of the research program described in the report has been the evaluation of high expansion foam, deluge sprinkler systems and the combination of these systems for the suppression of Class A fires in simulated cargo holds.
Factory Mutual Research Corporation1151 Boston-Providence Turnpike
Norwood, MA United States 02062
- Breen, D E
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire extinguishing agents; Fire fighting equipment; High expansion foams; Irrigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Sprinkler systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00057252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-70-C-5342
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM