STABILITY OF SPHERICAL SHELLS UNDER THE COMBINED ACTION OF AN EXTERNAL PRESSURE AND LOCAL AXISYMMETRIC LOADS
The results of investigations of the stability of isotropic elastic spherical shells under the combined action of axial compression and axisymmetric local loads are presented. The investigation is based on the analysis of a solution of equations of neutral equilibrium of gently sloping spherical shells arrived at by means of the method of finite differences. As in the case of cylindrical shells, the curves of interaction in all problems examined are concave.
- Trans. of Mekhanika Tverdogo Tela (USSR) p133-138 Nov/Dec 70.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC United States
- Myachenkov, V I
- Publication Date: 1973-11-14
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Shells (Structural forms)
- Old TRIS Terms: Shell theory; Spherical shells
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00057245
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3473
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM