WHAT SHIPOWNERS USING FLAGS OF CONVENIENCE GAIN AND LOSE--THE 'SPECIAL CHAPTER' OF THE ANNUAL REPORT BY THE MARITIME TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE OF THE OECD
A report is made on the practice of large nation merchant ship operators to register their vessels under the flags of smaller nations to avoid revenue taxes, to hire crews at lesser wages and numbers, and similar considerations; and on the economic factors and statistics resulting from such practice.
- Trans. from Journal de la Marine Marchande (France) p2143-2147, 17 Aug 72.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1973-12-10
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Crew size; Flags of convenience; Management; Operating costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Management techniques
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057229
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3480
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1974 12:00AM