ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. AIDJEX BULLETIN
AIDJEX Bulletin No. 23 contains reports on the continuing work of the AIDJEX numerical modeling group. Papers deal with such subjects as the energetics of pressure ridging, the theory of sea-ice movement, the roughness parameter of sea ice, the mechanics of rafting, and similarity constants in the planetary boundary layer. An analysis, by Hunkins, of oceanographic data from the 1972 AIDJEX Pilot Study is also included, as well as a scheme by Hibler, Mock, and Tucker for classifying the regional and seasonal variations of ridges. Finally there is a description of the AIDJEX Lead Experiment, a program of atmospheric and oceanic observations at a newly created lead which will be conducted offshore from Barrow, Alaska during March and April 1974.
- See also PB-224 513.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Ice; Ice formations; Ice phenomena; Motion; Operations; Pack ice; Sea ice
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice characteristics; Ice dynamics; Ice models; Ice movement; Ice ridge orientation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057224
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-Bull-23
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 16 1974 12:00AM