PROBLEMS OF THE ARCTIC AND ANTARCTIC. NUMBER 36-37, 1970
The articles included in this collection discuss the chief trends of scientific investigation in the polar regions of the earth, accomplished mostly in the postwar years. Besides dealing with such problems as the development of the technique of ice and meteorological forecasts, the results of oceanological, meteorological, hydrological, ice and radio-physical investigations, great attention has been devoted to the problems arising from a study of the Antarctic: geological, physico-geographical and historical. Also the conditions of Arctic navigation and the interaction of the ship's hull with ice have been studied.
- Trans. of Problemy Arktiki i Antarktiki (USSR). Sbornik Statei, n36-37 254p 1970, by Y. V. Kathavate. Sponsored in part by National Science Foundation, Washington, D. C. Special Foreign Currency Science Information Program.
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Treshinikov, A F
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 332 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Force; Hulls; Ice; Operations; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057209
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 16 1974 12:00AM