INVESTIGATION OF PLATES AND SHELLS UNDER EXTERNAL LOADING AND ELEVATED TEMPERATURES
The research briefly described in the report stems from a continuing investigation of plates and shells under external loading and elevated temperature. The principal areas covered by the studies fall into the following categories: Creep of structural components; static and dynamic inelastic (plasticity) behavior; heat transfer and thermal stress; wave propagation in multilayered rods, plates and shells; and, shell theory and application.
Polytechnic Institute of BrooklynDepartment of Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Brooklyn, NY United States 11201
- Kempner, J
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Creep; Deflection; Dynamic loads; Plates (Engineering); Shells (Structural forms); Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Plate deflections; Shell theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00057204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PINY-AE/AM-74-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F44620-69-C-0072
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 16 1974 12:00AM