PROFILES OF AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIERS INDUSTRIES-ENGINEERED MECHANICAL COMPONENTS AND SYSTEMS: VOLUME II, APPENDICES
The profile describes and analyzes that segment of the automotive supplier industry which provides engineered mechanical components/assemblies/systems to the prime auto manufacturers. It presents an overview of the role and structure of this industry and of its historical business performance data (1975 through 1979). It profiles, in some detail, 76 leading companies in this industry, and discusses domestic and foreign changes and growing international competition. It provides an assessment of capital requirements, of structural changes in the industry, and of evolving suppliers' strategy and tactics.
- See also Volume 1, PB82-129503.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kaldobsky, P R
- Fava, N E
- Publication Date: 1981-9
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Assessments; Automobile industry; Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Competition; Demand; Economic analysis; Financial capital; Industries; International trade; Machinery; Market value; Mechanical engineering; Motor vehicle industry; Motor vehicles; Sales; Supply; Technological innovations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Supply and demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Mechanical equipment
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00347733
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOTTSC-NHTSA-81-21-2Final Rpt., HS-805 976
- Files: HSL, NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1982 12:00AM