PORT OF BALTIMORE CONTAINER MARKETING STUDY
The purpose of this report is to provide users of the Port with information that will enable them to gain an insight into the market aspects of the cargo flow through Baltimore and to develop a data file on container commerce. In order to make this information most beneficial, certain explanations are in order: 1. Container tonnages referred to cover activity at MPA's Dundalk Marine Terminal. (It should be noted that this terminal is responsible for handling some 80 percent of container traffic in the Port). 2. The Container Marketing Study Summaries cover export containers moving through Dundalk Marine Terminal. These summaries reflect approximately 85 percent of the export container movement at Dundalk Marine Terminal. It is tentatively planned to include coverage or import containers in the near future.
- First of a series (First Quarter 1974) of reports that will be available on a quarterly basis.
Maryland Port AdministrationTrade Development Department
Baltimore, MD United States 21201
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Containers; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Market surveys; Markets; Ports; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Container surveys; Freight markets; Market studies; Port statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00057115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maryland Port Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1974 12:00AM