RIDE QUALITY METER
The invention automatically transforms vibration and noise measurements into a single number index of passenger discomfort. The noise measurements are converted into a noise discomfort value. The vibrations are converted into single axis discomfort values which are then converted into a combined axis discomfort value. The combined axis discomfort value is corrected for time duration and then summed with the noise discomfort value to obtain a total discomfort value.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Langley Research CenterNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
Hampton, VA United States 23665
- Leatherwood, J E
- Clevenson, S A
- Dempsey, T K
- Stephens, D G
- Publication Date: 1981-5-22
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Comfort; Human factors engineering; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Noise; Patent applications; Patents; Riding qualities; Sound level; Sound level meters; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise intensity; Vibration measurement
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I92: Vehicle Comfort;
- Accession Number: 00347166
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-6-267 179, NASA-CASE-LAR-12882-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1982 12:00AM