DESCRIPTIVE PARAMETERS USED IN ANALYZING THE BRAKING AND HANDLING OF HEAVY TRUCKS: VOLUME 2. INERTIAL PROPERTIES OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
This volume is one of a set of five volumes being prepared under support from the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association. The set of volumes is entitled "Descriptive Parameters Used in Analyzing the Braking and Handling of Heavy Trucks." The volumes address the acquisition of data on (1) steering and suspension systems, (2) inertial properties, (3) tires, (4) brakes, and (5) antilock systems.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, MI.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI United States 48202
- Winkler, C B
- Publication Date: 1981-4
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Antilock brake systems; Brakes; Data collection; Driving; Dynamic braking; Fracture mechanics; Handling characteristics; Heavy vehicles; Industrial trucks; Inertia (Mechanics); Moments of inertia; Steering; Suspension systems; Suspensions; Tires; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00346827
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-81-19-2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1982 12:00AM