The Consortium formalized its research operations and work programs by assessing needs and setting priorities. The areas of transportation, community and economic development, and management, finance and personnel were evaluated. Workshops were conducted to (1) assess the condition of urban infrastructure and developing future policies; and (2) study the use of emerging energy technologies in urban management. The Consortium has produced approximately 80 Information Bulletins documenting preliminary investigations. Applied research and training projects were undertaken for more specific research and development of responsive technologies. Examples include a study on multi-year revenue and expenditure forecasting and a study on the use of fire data. City-led research projects included evaluating landfill gas as an energy source; developing a methodology for energy impact analysis of community development projects; developing a primary urban energy planning methodology handbook; and retrofitting municipal buildings with solar energy systems. Results of this research have been disseminated through technical guides, manuals, workshops, and direct assistance to local officials.
Public Technology, Incorporated1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20004
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Parker, J K
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Economic development; Energy; Expenditures; Federal government; Finance; Forecasting; Impact studies; Meetings; Policy; Solar energy; Technological innovations; Technology; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial expenditures
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00346815
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF-ISP-81020 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-ISP78-12729
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1982 12:00AM