PRELIMINARY CALCULATION OF FUEL ECONOMY ADJUSTMENT FACTORS
This report is a dual purpose report: (1) it is a cover report for EPA Final report 460/3-81-003, "Development of Adjustment Factors for On-Road Fuel Economy" and (2) it is a preliminary determination of fuel economy adjustment factors in support of on-going fuel economy rulemaking activity. In its role as a cover for the EPA report, it extracts key findings, critiques the findings and offers modifications to the findings where there is reason to adopt alternate assumptions. In its rulemaking support role as an initial estimate of MPG adjustment factors, it compares the EEA (Energy And Environmental Analysis) results with those of other recent, significant publications in this area. The resulting preliminary adjustment factors herein are thus an amalgam of the factors derived by these four data sources.
Environmental Protection AgencyControl Technology Assessment and Characterization Branch
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Publication Date: 1981-6
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjustment factors; Data analysis; Data collection; Fuel consumption; Mathematical analysis; Motor vehicles; Sampling; Statistical sampling; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data sources
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00346801
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/AA/CTAB/FE-81-17Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1982 12:00AM