JOINT U.S./U.S.S.R. MODE S COMPATIBILITY TEST PROGRAM. VOLUME 2
This document consists of the data collected during the joint tests conducted at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Technical Center to determine the compatibility of a Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (U.S.S.R.) designed transponder with the United States (U.S.) Mode S system. A U.S. transponder was included in these tests for convenient comparison of results. Both bench tests and flight tests were conducted to ascertain compatibility to the U.S. Discrete Address Beacon System (DABS) National Standard of 1978. Radial and orbital flight profiles were used to gather statistical data to draw conclusions about the transponder's performance in conjunction with the Mode S system. Both the methods of conducting these tests and the results obtained are described.
- See also Volume 1, PB82-126616.
Federal Aviation AdministrationWilliam J. Hughes Technical Center, Airport Technology Research and Development Branch
Atlantic City International Airport
Atlantic City, NJ United States 08405
- Guishard, R
- Bolshev, A
- Publication Date: 1981-10
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Tests; Transponders
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility; Data
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00346693
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/FAA/CT-82/16-VOL-2
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 2003 12:00AM