SHORT-TERM EVALUATION PROCEDURES FOR COATINGS ON STRUCTURAL STEEL
The objectives of the study are to review existing short-term test procedures for selecting coatings, and to discuss analytical measurement techniques for characterizing coating systems and for monitoring coating degradation. In assessing current accelerated aging testing procedures several deficiencies became apparent. These included the reported lack of reproducibility in the rankings for different iterations of the same short-term test and the lack of correlatability between the rankings of short-term laboratory and long-term outdoor exposure tests.
- Sponsored in part by Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Campbell, P G
- Martin, J W
- McKnight, M E
- Publication Date: 1981-9
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerated tests; Coatings; Evaluation; Monitoring; Protective coatings; Structural steel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Selecting
- Old TRIS Terms: Aging; Dehydrogenation
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I35: Miscellaneous Materials;
- Accession Number: 00346683
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-81- 92 Final Rpt., NBS-TN-11-49
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM