SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN GUIDELINES FOR HIGHWAY ADVISORY RADIO. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report summarizes the activity and accomplishments under the FHWA contract entitled "Systems Analysis and Design Guidelines for Highway Advisory Radio." It includes a summary of the seven principal tasks which were: Analytical and empirical analysis of HAR system components; HAR system installation, operations and maintenance; HAR visual signing and messages; Technical advice; HAR system design guidelines; Recent HAR developments; and User's guide. Also included are references to the documents produced under the contract, a discussion of major findings, and suggestions for additional research.
- See also final report, PB82-123621.
Atlantic Research Corporation5390 Cherokee Avenue
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Turnage, H C
- Publication Date: 1981-5
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Building; Communication systems; Design; Driver information systems; Facilities; Guidelines; Highways; Information systems; Installation; Maintenance practices; Radio; Systems analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operation and maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway advisory
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00346674
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-80-176
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9517
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM