METHODS OF DISRUPTING AN ICE COVER
For solving the problems in ice technology, it is necessary to resort to the engineering methods of breaking down an ice cover, predetermined by the features of the water basin and the purposes of the tasks which are being conducted. In this report, the following problems are discussed: Disruption of ice cover during cruising of ships in ice; Disruption of ice barriers; Protection of structures and ships; Creation of conditions favoring a delay in the ice formation process; Removing the ice and snow from water basins; and Cutting holes around ships. (Author)
- Translation of monograph Ledovedenie i Ledotekhnika (Ice Science and Ice Technology), Leningrad, 1967, pp308-367.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Peschanskii, I S
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Deicing; Hulls; Icebreaking; Protection; Snow and ice control; Strength of materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull protection; Hull strength
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00016700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1972 12:00AM