FOREIGN RESEARCH IN TIRE NOISE
The research of fourteen countries is represented in this compilation of current and planned research outside the U.S. in tire noise research and tire noise control technology including both passenger car tires and truck tires. Topics covered include mechanisms of tire noise generation, on-the-road and laboratory measurement methods, influence of tire variables (tread type, aspect ratio, material, bias vs. radial, tread wear, sidewall stiffness), operating variables (pressure, temperature, speed, load) road surface variables (texture depth, surface material, wet vs. dry, grooving), tire screens, studded tires, tradeoffs with other design variables such as safety (traction, skid resistance), and recommendations for further research. Included are 104 references.
Informatics, Incorporated600 Executive Boulevard
Rockville, MD United States 20852
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control, 1921 Jeff Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA United States 20460
- English, R
- Modig, C
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 149 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Bias (Statistics); Foreign; Inflation; Noise; Noise control; Pavements; Radial ply tires; Research; Roughness; Skid resistance; Studded tires; Technology assessment; Tire pressure; Tire treads; Tires; Traction; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Pavements; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00346476
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-550/9-81-318 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-4477
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM