STUDY BY A REINFORCEMENT ENTERPRISE (STUDIE AV ETT FORSTARKNINGSFORETAG)
This report covers part of a project whose purpose is to find out to what extent the result of a falling-weight measurement describes the road's carrying capacity, and consequently its need for reinforcement, and to determine the proper procedure for producing the best basis for dimensioning the reinforcing process. The results of falling-weight measurements performed by a reinforcement enterprise were studied with regard to variations in time, space and reproducibility. Furthermore, a falling weight's ability to discover the worst point from the point of view of carrying capacity is assessed. The carrying-capacity measurements which were taken were correlated with the type of subsoil, the frost-sensitivity group and reinforcement measures in accordance with the BYA. The recorded distributions are considerable and the tested joints are weak. A bibliography is provided.
- Text in Swedish. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Simonsen, P
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Base course (Pavements); Crash tests; Frost action; Pavements; Reinforcement (Engineering); Trafficability
- Old TRIS Terms: Periodic variations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Research;
- Accession Number: 00346216
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-183
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM