HOUSEHOLD VEHICLE OWNERSHIP: 1977 NATIONWIDE PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY (NO. 2)
The report is part of a series that presents findings from the 1977 Nationwide Personal Transportation Study (NPTS). The report contains data on household vehicles and characteristics of households owning vehicles. Vehicle ownership is explored relative to household location, income, composition and other sociodemographic attributes of the household. Characteristics of household vehicles, such as model year, vehicle type and method of ownership (e.g., purchased, leased) are also presented. Comparisons are made with data from the 1969 NPTS to evaluate trends in vehicle ownership over time.
- Record URL:
- See also report no. 2, dated 1969-70, PB-242886.
Comsis Corporation11501 Georgia Avenue
Wheaton, MD United States 20902
- Kuzmyak, J R
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Data collection; Demographics; Highways; Households; Income; Location; Motor vehicles; Ownership; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Socioeconomic factors; Statistics; Surveys; Tables (Data)
- Old TRIS Terms: Social-economic studies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00346204
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PL-81-003 Every 10yr
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-80-C-00047
- Files: NTIS, TSR
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM