MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION METHODS FOR AN ANGULAR ACCELEROMETER
A transducer which measures angular acceleration along one axis was investigated to assess three of its performance characteristics, viz., sensitivity factor, amplitude linearity, and response to linear (non-angular) input accelerations. Accelerometer specifications and response theory are presented. Test philosophy and methodology are discussed along with measurement results. Tests were conducted over a frequency range from 1.5 to 100 Hz and an acceleration range from 64 to 5000 rad/square second. Generally, the performance observed was in agreement with the manufacturer's preliminary specifications.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ramboz, J D
- Publication Date: 1981-8
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerometers; Angular acceleration; Calibration; Frequency response; Specifications; Transfer functions
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00346176
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-81-2337
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-9-02193IA
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 2003 12:00AM