INTERSECTIONS OF THE MAIN ROAD SYSTEM: THE STRUCTURE OF THE ANALYSIS REGISTER (VAEGKORSNINGAR PA HUVUDVAEGNAETET: ANALYSREGISTRETS UPPBYGGNAD)
An analysis register with the individual intersection as observation unit has been created for a project for the study of traffic safety. Data have been obtained from a 1977-1978 national inventory of all intersections of the national road system. The analysis register involves 6247 intersections with 3 or at the most 4 entrances. Each intersection is represented by 10 punch cards with 80 positions each. 2 cards include processed data about the road construction, traffic flow, traffic control, speed limits, pavement width as well as information regarding possible side constructions or bus stops. There is also information regarding the most recent changes affecting the traffic of the intersection. The remaining cards represent data divided up based on season, road and light conditions as well as a division based on up to 22 conflict types and in some cases 5 accident types.
- Text in Swedish. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Larsson, Johan
- BRUEDE, U
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic control; Information processing; Intersections; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00346168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-211
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM