AN ANALYSIS OF RAPID TRANSIT INVESTMENTS: The Buffalo Experience
The study examines the Buffalo, New York, Light Rail Transit (LRT) system now under construction. It shows clearly that, in a region of decline urban areas of the Northeast and North Central states, the economic and demographic indicators must be defined and used as planning constraints. The report is organized to lead the reader through the critical parts of the analysis and clearly show how the impacts of investment are established and can be used. The report provides information that can be of use to public officials, planners, and private sector concerns.
- Record URL:
- See also PB82-105453.
State University of New York, AlbanyResearch Foundation
Albany, NY United States 12206
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Paaswell, R E
- Berechman, J
- Bogan, B
- McNally, M
- Parker-Simon, K
- Publication Date: 1981-7
- Pagination: 115 p.
- TRT Terms: Demographics; Economic conditions; Investments; Light rail transit; Rapid transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00346039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NY-11-0022-81-2Final Rpt.
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM