AMERICAN EXPERIENCE WITH MARITIME DATA PROBLEMS
The Foreign Trade Division in the Bureau of the Census has the primary responsibility for the collection, compilation, and presentation of United States foreign trade statistics, i.e., the basic data on over-all U.S. outbound, inbound shipments and their related waterborne and airborne statistics. These statistics are designed to serve the needs of both government and nongovernment users having a wide range of interests. The program, therefore, includes a variety of data presented in many different arrangements and released in a number of different ways, e.g., publications, reference tabulations, computer tape, microfilm, etc. Problems in developing these statistics are reported in an effort to gain world wide cooperation for standards of reporting.
- A paper presented at the Second Seminar on "Maritime Transport Data for Marketing, Research and Development" Co-sponsored by the Maritime Research Centre, The Hague and by the Institute for Shipping Research of Bergen, Norway at The Hague, Netherlands September 14, 1973.
Bureau of the Census14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20231
- KAUFMAN, M
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economic forecasting; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Trade analysis; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of the Census
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1974 12:00AM