UPGRADED FAA AIRFIELD CAPACITY MODEL. VOLUME I. SUPPLEMENTAL USER'S GUIDE
The FAA Airfield Capacity Model, a computer program designed to quickly calculate the runway capacity of an airport, has recently been upgraded. Several new features have been implemented in the upgraded version. Among these are improved input and output formats for easier usage, the capability to compute runway capacity for up to eleven different percentages of arrivals in a single run (as opposed to a separate run for each percentage), and provisions for calculating the capacity of alternating arrivals to a pair of parallel runways. Several other runway configurations have been added to the model, or improved, as well. Other changes have been made to the internal logic of the model which will result in reduced running times and/or improved accuracy. The resulting capacities may, therefore, differ from the results obtained with the previous version. In most cases this will not affect the ranking of the potential airfield changes under evaluation. This report documents the upgraded FAA Airfield Capacity Model. Volume I, 'Supplemental User's Guide,' provides a general overview of the major changes that have been made to the program and includes revised versions of the relevant chapters in the existing User's Manual, FAA-RD-76-128, 'Model User's Manual for Airfield Capacity and Delay Models.' Volume I may also be used by itself as a guide to the input and output requirements of the upgraded model. Volume II is a detailed technical description of the revisions to the program, including flow charts of the logic and evaluations of various alternative logics.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A104 155. Supplement to AD-A033 685 and AD-A036 354.
MITRE CorporationBedford, MA United States
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Swedish, W J
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Airport runways; Airports; Computer programs; Ground traffic; Handbooks; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Capacity quantity
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00346011
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-81W16-VOL-1, FAA-EM-81-1-VOL-1
- Contract Numbers: DT-FA01-81-C-10001
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 2003 12:00AM