AUTOMATIC TRAFFIC ADVISORY AND RESOLUTION SERVICE (ATARS) ALGORITHMS INCLUDING RESOLUTION-ADVISORY-REGISTER LOGIC. VOLUME 1. SECTIONS 1 THROUGH 11
This document presents detailed computer algorithms for programming the Automatic Traffic Advisory and Resolution Service (ATARS). A major feature of this version of the ATARS algorithms is the capability to exchange resolution advisory information via the airborne Resolution Advisory Register (RAR). This provides for coordination of resolution advisories between ATARS and airborne collision avoidance systems and between adjacent ATARS sites in the absence of ground communication lines. The ground based ATARS computers use the surveillance data from the Discrete Address Beacon System (DABS) to provide properly equipped aircraft with traffic advisories and collision resolution advisories. These advisories are discretely delivered to the aircraft via the DABS data link. The ATARS algorithms are presented in two volumes rather than one large document in order to provide the algorithms in a more manageable form.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A104 148.
MITRE CorporationBedford, MA United States
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Lentz, R H
- Love, W D
- Signore, T L
- Tornese, R A
- Zeitlin, A D
- Publication Date: 1981-6
- Pagination: 459 p.
- TRT Terms: Advisory groups; Air traffic; Air traffic control; Algorithms; Automatic control; Automation; Computer programming; Crash avoidance systems; Data communications; Formatting; Information, data, and knowledge; Mode S; Surveillance; Tracking systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data links; Formats; Information exchange; Separation; Tracking
- Old TRIS Terms: Advisory activities
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00346008
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-81W120-1, FAA-RD-81-45-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA80WA-4370
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 2003 12:00AM