TEXAS CRASH CUSHION TRAILER
The Texas crash cushion trailer consists of an array of 20-gauge 55-gallon steel drums, a trailer frame, a set of wheels and a trailer hitch. Each steel drum has eight-inch holes cut in the top and bottom. When this crash cuchion trailer is properly attached to a maintenance vehicle, such as a dump truck, it provides excellent protection to the maintenance vehicle, maintenance or construction personnel, and the driver and passengers of errant vehicles. This report is an implementation package containing a description of the analysis of the vehicle-kinetic-energy problem, graphical information on varied components of the crash cushion trailer, and information of the uses of the special trailer. The description of the analysis process and the graphical details are essential to the design of the crash cushion trailer.
- See also report dated Aug 72, PB-220 388.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- BROWN, L E
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Crash cushions; Design; Drums (Containers); Maintenance equipment; Protection; Trailers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance vehicles
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00057027
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM