HARMONIC FLUX INDUCTION TYPE ON-BOARD AUXILIARY POWER SOURCES SYSTEM FOR LEVITATED TRAINS
This report describes the principle and characteristics of, and the test results obtained with, a new harmonic flux induction type on-board power source system (HIPS) suitable for high speed magnetically levitated trains. The system uses a space harmonic component of the flux produced by track coils to supply power to train induction coils. Various characteristics of the induced voltage and output power of 100 k W/ car with the system is obtainable. The results obtained in calculations agree with those obtained in tests with a rotating experimental facility having an output power of 1 k W.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, Conference Paper, Atlanta, Georgia, February 1-6 1981.
Piscataway, NJ United States 08855-1331
- Iwahana, T
- Fujimoto, T
- Maki, N
- TAKAHASHI, H
- Publication Date: 1981
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Auxiliary power units; Fluxes; Heat flux; Magnetic levitation; Onboard navigational aids; Technological innovations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency power supply
- Old TRIS Terms: On board
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00345446
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap 81 WM 188-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1982 12:00AM