SMALL SHIPMENTS. A MATTER OF NATIONAL CONCERN. ANALYTICAL ASSESSMENT
The efficient and economical distribution of intercity small shipments is one of the most perplexing subjects facing the transportation industry today. The facilitation of small shipments bears a distinct relationship to the economic welfare of shippers, carriers, warehousemen, forwarders and receivers in various degrees. Small shipments move so universally that their effects are felt by almost every business and family unit within the United States. Their efficient and economical handling could contribute much to our national progress and welfare. An analytical assessment of major small shipment problem areas and a plan for alternative actions that will address this complex subject are presented.
American UniversitySchool of Business Administration
Washington, DC USA 20016
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 295 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight service; Freight traffic; Logistics; Package service; Physical distribution; Small shipments
- Old TRIS Terms: Package freight
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00056997
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20211
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM