HIGH PRESSURE SALT BRINE DEICING CONFERENCE REPORT OF A CONFERENCE HELD MARCH 11 AND 12, 1980
The Connecticut Department of Transportation has developed a system and equipment for the direct application of salt brine which show promise of significant reductions in the salt application rates needed for snow and ice control. Six units have been built for testing in Connecticut, Minnesota and Utah. California and Washington have constructed their own units based on the Connecticut design. These are being field tested to determine the effectiveness and costs of using salt brine for deicing. This report covers the conference held in Connecticut on March 11 and 12, 1980 on High Pressure Salt Deicing. The conference was designed to acquaint maintenance and research personnel from States, counties and cities with the salt brine system. It also provided the States of California, Minnesota, Utah and Washington an opportunity to discuss their field work. (FHWA)
Wethersfield, CT United States 06109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Conferences; Deicing chemicals; Maintenance equipment; Snow and ice control; Solutions (Chemistry); State of the art studies
- Old TRIS Terms: Solutions
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00345083
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-TS-81-202 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM